Tele-Optics is proud to be a part of Bristol Motor Speedway’s “Speedway in Lights”. As part of our partnership with Speedway Children’s Charities, Tele-Optics is the Thursday Night Sponsor of “Speedway in Lights” (the event begins Friday November 16 and runs through January 5 – 6PM to 10PM nightly).
The roar of the engines is replaced with the twinkling of over two million lights during Bristol Motor Speedway’s annual Speedway in Lights powered by TVA. Along the four and a half mile route, including a drive around the World’s Fastest Half-Mile, visitors delight in hundreds of displays.
A sampling of highlights and annual favorites includes:
- Symphony of Lights – Sponsored by Subway, The largest display to be added in Speedway in Lights’ 15-year history, this light show features dancing snowflakes, arches and fountains, consisting of more than 300,000 LED lights synchronized to music.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas – A dozen scenes stretch for 180 feet, each approximately 10 feet tall and nearly 15 feet wide, depicting holiday scenes.
- The Sea Of Illumination – Presented by Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, this popular display features almost 750 feet of sparkling fish, sharks and other sea creatures. In 2011, a penguin playhouse was added.
- The Animated Snowman Attraction – Flying snowballs build a huge snowman.
- Dinosaur Village – This display features six dinosaurs and an erupting volcano with live fire.
- Santa’s Speedway Sleigh (Wednesday and Thursday nights at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.) – A special tram offers the experience of an open-air ride through along the four mile route, complete with Christmas carols played on the tram’s sound system and information provided by a tour guide – Reservations are required.
Other attractions include Johnson Controls Ice Rink and the 300-foot long HVAC Chill Hill tube slide (November 12, 2012 through January 12, 2012 on scheduled days). Also, visit the General Shale Christmas Village for photos with Santa, roasted marshmallows, hot chocolate, carnival rides and crafts vendors.
Cars – $12 Sunday thru Thursday, $15 Friday and Saturday
Vans – $20
Tour buses – $85
Friday and Saturday Cars are $15
More information about Speedway in Lights here - http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/events_tickets/speedway_in_lights_powered_by_tva/